President and Sister Dunn

Monday, May 30, 2016

Women Angels in our Midst!

 “Unseen Friends” by Kathleen Peterson. I love the way the angels are holding this woman up, lifting, buoying, and causing her to feel lighter. The way their arms intertwine speaks of unity and love. It almost speaks the words “We’re here. You’re okay now.” This is the power of heavenly and earthly angels.  I also love the hand on the woman’s head, as if to guide her straight ahead. 






 On Monday May 30, 2016 an amazing group of women gathered at the South Africa Johannesburg Mission Home to honor Nomthi Msane as she departs in a few weeks to preside with her husband over the Kenya Nairobi Mission.





Today's gathering had over 30 women and it filled the mission home with a wonderful spirit. They are angels as they serve, minister and love each other. This group of women are from all parts of Gauteng and a real cross section of women. Here are some excerpts from a handout that I shared with them. Nomthi spoke after lunch and shared a wonderful message about change. She reminded all of us that change is part of life and we actually grow and learn the most from change.

In between these quotes I am posting pictures from today's gathering.

Angels in our Midst
 
Whenever a group of righteous and light-filled women gather, it is cause to rejoice!
 
"I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind.”
                  ~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
 
“And whose receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before you face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in our hearts, and thine angels round about you, to bear you up.”          ~D & C 84:88. 
 
“Let us hurry to love people, they depart so quickly.”
                        ~Jan Twardowski
 
I pray for angels, still, and often. They accompany me through stairwells of self doubt and wonder. I pray they will lift me when I lean into them. At times, I’m too earthly and worldly to feel the light they exude, but I keep reaching and drawing them in whenever my heart longs for heaven and home. 
 
We often hear the question, “What makes human life meaningful?” It is when, with as much light as we can generate, create the sort of inner illumination that will light someone else’s way. 
 
I love the verse in “Now Let Us Rejoice” where it says—“Then all that was promised, the saints will be given, and they will be crowned with the angels of heaven.” 



Martha Egan also shared a wonderful experience that came out of connections made at this luncheon last August. she was able to donate money given to her form a former missionary to a worthy cause.  It was really touching to hear about. More will be posted about this connection.



Sister Bonnie WinStanley and Michele Shaw are showing the hat and booties that can be knit for new born babies. For more information contact Michelle directly.
mamaduck61@Gmail.com



These FourWays Ward ladies brought great light and love to the luncheon:
Val, Glynn, Marilyn, Ann, Nomthi and Charnell

1 comment: