President and Sister Dunn

Thursday, November 23, 2017

A New South African friend



Judy Brummer came to speak to any SAJMer's that were available on a Tuesday afternoon in early October. I have heard lots about Judy before, but finally had the chance to meet her in early September.

Judy has authored a book about her childhood in South Africa entitled SPOTS. I thoroughly enjoyed her book and am looking forward to reading the sequels, which she is working on right now.

Adam Swindlehurst, Tanner Wegrowski, Tanner Todd and Sean Pickup were able to attend. We also had senior couples and other friends join with us that day for a personal opportunity to hear Judy's most personal and poignant story.
I am arranging a time for her to come to our home and share her remarkable story in January. My hope is that more missionaries might be able to attend.




I also had the chance to visit with my dear friend Michele Stitt, while she was visiting her family in Utah. I met Michele in South Africa and will always stay connected to her. She has such great energy and I love spending time together.

We met one day, but made time to connect another day and have lunch. Michele currently lives in Switzerland, but may be moving back to the States before too long with her husbands work. I loved that she was so giving and loving to everyone she came in contact with.


No comments:

Post a Comment